A pseudocolor image is constructed from a grayscale image by mapping each intensity value to a color according to a table or function. This pseudo-colored image, when displayed, can make the identification of some certain features easier for the observer. The mappings are computationally simple and fast. This makes pseudo-color an attractive technique for use on digital image processing systems. Pseudo coloring is generally used when a single channel of data is available (e.g. temperature, tissue type…etc.)
Pseudo-coloring is useful because the human eye can distinguish between millions of colors but relatively few shades of gray.
The main process of this project is to color a grayscale image by using a function which is constructed by sinusoids.
The objectives of this project are:
· Detection of edges of the image
· To understand the pseudo coloring procedure.
· To improve matlab skills on grayscale, RGB image processing.
· Constructing a function for the use in pseudo-coloring.
· Comparison of graylevel image and the pseudo-colored image.
keywords: software project, matlab, image processing, video processing, rgb